Monday, June 27, 2016

One More Story from Disney World

The evening that I had to take Tracy to the airport, Craig and the kids all got dinner without me.  So once I was back at the hotel, I got myself a hamburger and sat out on the balcony eating devouring it (water parks make you hungry!) while Craig got the kids ready for bed.  I was watching a thunder storm roll in and enjoying relaxing for a bit when suddenly a bolt of lightning flashed right across the sky in front of me and a huge boom of thunder shook everything.

I froze, contemplated the metal around me (wedding ring? cell phone? the chair I was sitting in?) and quickly decided I was being pretty stupid sitting out there and it was best to move back inside.  I had barely stood up when Bentley was at the sliding glass door, frantically motioning for me to come inside, and then he was fluttering around me, helping me gather up my food and hurriedly ushering me in.


It's silly, but as much as Bentley can drive me crazy sometimes, it was a truly sweet moment to see his concern for me. 

That might have been my favorite part of the entire trip.

1 comment:

Patrice said...

That is very sweet! He is a good boy & I'm glad you were safe!!