Monday, September 7, 2026

Crazy Talent

I've been keeping this tab open on my computer for months now because I love it so much, which I guess means I should just post it here so I can find it easily.  This is a medley of "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" and "Amazing Grace" that my nephew Samuel composed for his mission farewell.  He's spent the last year studying cello performance at the Cleveland Institute of Music and these are two of his favorite hymns, so he figured he would put them together.  This recording is just a practice before church began (I think it was the only chance they had to run through it together?), so they're not exactly in "performance mode," but even so it's really beautiful.  It seems like a fairly simple arrangement, but I would have absolutely NO IDEA how to do something like this, so I am totally in awe.

Samuel, who is now on his mission in Taiwan, is playing the cello, Caleb is on the violin and Nicole is playing piano.  Enjoy!

No comments: