Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Rules

Okay, so I'm trying out this blogging thing, but I can't do it without creating a few base rules and stipulations for myself. I guess the first thing is that this is not meant to be a record of My Life. In fact, my plan is for this to be the opposite-- a chance to write about the little, unimportant things in my life that I probably wouldn't bother to mention on the phone or in an email. So if you want to know the big stuff, I guess we'd better keep in touch for real!

My own biggest rule is just that I will try my best NOT to brag about stuff. I won't brag about how cute my kids are. I won't brag about the awesome fun time I had doing whatever. I have this weird competitive streak (my friends used to call me ultra-competitive Alanna, UCA for short!), and every time I read about stuff like that on other people's blogs or emails it makes me want to try and compete. Or, worse yet, it makes me feel bad that I didn't get to be a part of their fun weekend or whatever-- even if they're in a completely different state! It's so ridiculous! So I will NOT do that. You can just assume that life is good and happy and the kids are cute unless I say otherwise.

Which brings me to my other rule, and that is that I want to be completely honest in this. If I had a lousy day, I'll just say so rather than feeling like I need to act perky and cute or something.

So that's it for now! Welcome to my blog.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

Yay, I'm excited that you're joining the blogosphere! :0) I'll try hard to follow your rules in my comments, and I promise to keep in touch for real, too! ;0)