Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bentley Clan Family Portraits

My entire family was able to come to Manassas for Colton's baby blessing.  This was the first time we were all together since I was pregnant with Bentley, which, in case you don't feel like doing the math, was nearly seven years ago.  So my Dad decided (and we all agreed) that we needed to document the occasion.  Professionally.  And since Lindsay Rowe had done such a fabulous job with Colton's newborn shots (and had graciously done them for free), I figured it was time we got her a paid gig!

She did a wonderful job.  I couldn't be happier with how these turned out.  It's even more impressive when you consider that in my family we are a bunch of chronic blinkers.  And we were dealing with seven kids, all ages 6 and under!  So, yeah, getting any decent shots would be pretty good work.  What Lindsay accomplished here should probably be considered phenomenal.

Enjoy!

Mom and Dad, just a few days before their 42nd wedding anniversary!


Colton peering over Daddy's shoulder

The Aveytua clan, Rachael and Ian



That's us!

The Richard family: Natalie & Cameron and their boys, Samuel and Caleb


Eliot peering over his Daddy's shoulder

The Maddens: Leah & Brian and Eliot

All the "big" cousins together: Ryder, Eliot, Caleb, Samuel, Kendra and Bentley.  And Ryder having a meltdown.

Mom and Dad with all their girls!


And with all their sons-in-law-- I like to think of them as the Bentley Boys!


Aunt Tracy helps Colton to be a part of the cousin shot

The Madden family

Tracy, looking like a model with her hair blowing in the wind


I love this picture of my parents

The whole gang!


And the whole gang, again!


Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandkids--this is another of my favorites.  Such good smiles on everyone!

And this is another favorite-- it's rare to get so many kids smiling at the same time!


So that's us!  Thanks, Dad, for such a great idea!  And thanks Rachael for coming up with our color scheme and spending so much time approving everyone's (and I do mean EVERYONE'S) outfits!  It's so nice to finally have some professional pictures of all of us!  We'll have to do it again in seven years!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Those pictures are FABULOUS!!! I didn't realize you were all together! That's so nice! We unexpectedly got to be all together for about 4 hours the other night in San Diego, even Bryce! It was so great!!

Patrice said...

It's so wonderful to see the whole family together-it was really fun. I'm so glad we have such lovely photos!

Rachael said...

Thanks for organizing the photos, and for posting them! It was so fun to all get to be together!!

Unknown said...

Okay, all the pics are super cute, but that REDHEAD??!! I want to squish him! He looks just like my boys did when they were littler!

Thanks for the good visit today- it's nice to hang out with you!

Nancy said...

Great pictures!

Natalie R. said...

I love those pictures, they are so awesome!!! Any chance of getting them on a DVD or something?? Your friend did a wonderful job, I'm so glad we were all able to get together again finally. Hopefully it won't be another 7 years!!

And I have to agree with "Unknown" - the redhead is pretty cute and squishable. ;0)