Friday, December 1, 2017

I Try So Hard

I had today all planned out.  I was going to get up early and get showered and dressed, get the kids off to school, and take Colton to his speech therapy.  We were going to leave straight from that to go to my friend Sarah's house and hang out with her until the kids were due off the bus.  Then, at night, after dinner, my friend Juneann was going to come to my house and together we would take all the kids to see Charlottesville's Grand Illumination.  This is where they light the downtown mall's Christmas tree and Santa rides by waving from a fire truck.  My choir is performing, so Juneann was going to watch the kids while I sang.  (Craig will be busy chaperoning a basketball game.  Lucky guy.)  And it was going to be a wonderful day.

I got up early (despite staying up WAY too late doing on-line Christmas shopping).  I showered.  Craig woke the kids up.  And Ryder came downstairs crying because his tummy hurt. 

And with a splash of vomit, all my plans were gone.

I'm telling you-- mothering is not for the faint of heart. 



The silver lining in all this is at least he got it all in the bucket.  Nothing makes me grumpier than trying to wash vomit out of carpeting and bedding.

He's feeling much better since then.  But not good enough to stand around outside in a crowd of people on a chilly December night.  Maybe we'll make it next year.

No comments: