Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Pictures-and-an-Update Post

I'm trying to be better about pictures.

Here you can kind of tell how blonde Ryder's hair is. And yes, he does actually have some hair!


I just loved how tiny his feet looked poking out of the bottom of this sleeper! It reminded me of this ultrasound picture....


Craig got to take the two older kids to church while I stayed home and took a much-needed nap.
But I did at least help him get the kids dressed before he left. And it turns out that we clean up pretty good, if I may say so myself! So then I had to take pictures.

I love Kendra's smile here!

As for me, I'm doing pretty well these days. I spent way too much time hanging out with friends yesterday, but loved every minute of it. Next time I should maybe schedule in some time for meals, though. For now, I'll just call it a "weight loss plan" instead of worrying whether I'm incapable of taking care of myself. The kids all got fed, at least. That counts for something, right? And speaking of food, my visiting teachers are being angels and bringing me dinners. I love the "dinners for women who just had babies" thing in our church. I was thinking about it, and I could count about eight different women I've brought meals to, and probably twelve that have brought me meals over the course of my three children being born. What a great way of serving each other! I know that I will always be grateful to the people who helped me out, and I love getting a chance to return the favor to someone else. It's a marvelous system.

Another marvelous system is the "We saw some snowflakes, cancel everything!!!" system here in Virginia. They have the same system in Seattle. And I love it! It's the reason that Craig gets to come home early today. I see hot cocoa by the fireplace in my very near future.

I think that's about it on my end of things. If you're in Manassas and one of the people I haven't seen yet, then would you please invite yourself over? I'm afraid of going anywhere in the snow, but if you're braver and/or better at driving in the snow than I am, then you are totally welcome to come hang out here! My kids aren't even sick any more, I promise!

Over and out!

6 comments:

ugkuyg said...

Wow, Ryder looks like he has a ton of hair! What a cutie.

I will definitely be inviting myself over when we get back from Utah :)

Nancy said...

I love that Craig looks exactly the same in the too church pictures but your kids have completely wiggled and changed directions.

Erica said...

Congratulations!!!! I know It's a bit late, but I haven't looked at your blog in awhile. Ryder sure is a cutie. You always have such crazy labor and delivery stories. If I was back in Manassas instead of across the world I would totally invite myself over. Titan and Rook would love to play with your kids!

Alanna said...

Shalane-- definitely invite yourself over. But until then, have fun in Utah!

Nancy-- Yup, Craig's a pro! But you're right-- that is totally funny!

Erica-- welcome!!!! How is Hong Kong treating you??? If you're keeping a blog or sending out group emails or anything, would you please let me know? I'd love to be included!!!

Anna said...

I've been avoiding you because Aaron has had a cough and had the flu last week and I don't want to bring any germies into your house! I SO want to see you and Ryder though!! Aaron is better now though. I'll have to call you sometime this week!

Natalie R. said...

Can I come over tomorrow??? :0)