Saturday, October 15, 2011

Autumn Thoughts

So in between the tons of rain we've been experiencing this fall, I've been enjoying watching the leaves change color and breeze down off the trees. And for the first time, it hit me: I think autumn leaves might actually be prettier than spring flowers.

This is a completely weird attitude for me, since I am the quintessential lover of summer and all things leading to it and I usually spend autumn hating and fearing the approaching cold, dark winter months. But as much as I love spring flowers and the hope they give me, they don't manage to recreate all the delicate colors of an enormous peach in one huge tree, or make another tree look like it's engulfed in flames. And when you match that with a perfect blue sky and the lovely shadows cast by an autumn sun, it really is a most impressive sight.

Especially when the sun is shining.

2 comments:

)en said...

I pretty much agree. The winters here are so danged awful, spring is a pretty rough transition for me, actually. It takes me the whole season to accept the winter might actually be over. But autumn is glorious. Plus it means sweaters & boots.

Natalie R. said...

Hooray for loving fall!!!! I'm glad that you're enjoying it, this is my favorite time of year!