Sunday, November 10, 2013

Colors of the Wind (Just Kidding)

I have a new game I like to play.  While driving around town, I stare at the autumn leaves and try to figure out what they look like.  It started with this beauty just around the corner from my house:

Doesn't that possess all the same colors that you'd find in a perfectly ripe Georgia peach???  I love it.

This game led to the following weird conversation with Craig:

Me: Ooh, look!  That tree looks just like a mango!
Craig: I'm pretty sure there aren't any mango trees in Virginia.  (Pause.)  Unless they're annuals...


Once he understood me, he agreed that it definitely had the proper green-yellow-red ratio of leaves to make it look like a mango.  I've also seen a few pumpkin trees, fuji apples, jonagold apples, and some Rainier cherries.  All were perfectly lovely, although I do think the peach tree is my very favorite.

I feel like I'm trying to save up enough color to get me through the winter...

2 comments:

)en said...

de-lightful. :D

Patrice said...

I drove around taking pictures of trees about a couple of weeks ago-the day before a storm knocked most of the leaves down. I don't like the weather turning cold-but I love the beautiful leaves. I like how you describe them!!