Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Our Autumn (So Far)

With the huge exception of the week when my parents were visiting, we have had one of the most gorgeous autumns I can remember having in a long time-- it's been warm and dry, and overall just perfect.  (While my parents were here, it rained non-stop.  Naturally.)  And we have been doing all the things one usually does in the fall...

Napping:
(In Daddy's arms, if you're lucky!)

I think Bentley actually took this shot on a Sunday afternoon...  I'm glad no one is taking pictures of me napping!

Buying, carving and decorating pumpkins:

I love the green one, especially.  But really I sort of love all of these...

Visiting Cox Farms:
I got to be a chaperone for Kendra's class field trip to Cox Farms-- here we are on the bus!  I enjoyed myself even more when I realized that the last time we'd been, I was 8 months pregnant with Ryder!

Appreciating the sheep
Learning to milk a cow
She did great!  I would have tried it, but as a nursing mother, it seemed like I already spend too much time on stuff like this...
Enjoying one of the many slides there
Heading home (and sitting with her incredibly whiny, annoying friend)

Dressing up as vigilantes:

Getting caught in the rain:
Looks closely, you can see the water droplets in my hair-- I was completely drenched.
 Trying out our Bavarian dirndl dress:
What a fun present from Grandma and Grandpa's trip to Germany!  Kendra's totally ready for Oktoberfest now!

 Loving on Daddy:
"Don't go to work!  Stay here and play with us!"

Getting haircuts (just the girls):
Isn't she sweet?

Shameless selfie.  I know.
 Enjoying the gorgeous foliage:
These little burning bushes like to hide out among the trees.  They're my favorites.
 Figuring out how to keep the baby warm on cold mornings:
Somewhere in there is my beloved Ergo carrier!
 Visiting the park:

And looking cute in our warm fall clothes:


And of course, celebrating Halloween:
For the ward party, I tried to make Colton look like a Smurf, but it didn't really work.  I used blue corn starch left over from the color run, and it really just isn't meant to be used as make-up.  But on the plus-side, it was okay when he ate it!  But we opted for a different costume for actual Halloween...
The Relief Society's hayride was a big hit

Queen Kendra is perched rather daintily on her hay bale!

And of course, trick-or-treating with our friends, the Konstantys (notice Colton's new costume)

Knocking on doors
 We enjoyed swinging:
Colton slept in a swing for the first six months of his life, but this was taking "swinging" to a whole new level for him!

I like how little his feet are in this picture

And here he just looks so pleased with himself for being a big kid!

And occasionally, we were just plain crazy:
Ryder was actually happy here-- he was excited for Bentley's missing tooth.  But it was early and he still had bed-head, so he really just looks nuts.  But in a fun way!
I have no explanation for this picture.  Ryder is just weird...

It's been a great fall so far-- now if only this splendid weather can last until-- oh, I don't know-- March?  Then I'd be set!

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh, such precious pictures and such a precious family!

Juliana said...

Cute hair cuts!

And can I request that Colton take a break from this growing up gig? I haven't even met him yet - he is still supposed to be a little tiny baby!!!!