Saturday, November 16, 2013

My New Job Title

So it's Saturday morning, and I'm sitting around in my bathrobe, looking up books on the library's website.  I feel that this is a great way to spend a Saturday morning.  Or any morning, really.  Craig is getting ready to take a piece of furniture to the dump, so I offer to get dressed and help him load it into the van.  And Craig looks right at me and says "Do you still wear clothes?  Is that still a 'thing' for you?"!!!!!!!


Which made me think of this:



If I weren't laughing so hard, that might have hurt my feelings!

Seriously, though, he's not even wrong.  This last week, Colton was sick and all but stopped nursing (I think he was too congested to be able to breathe while nursing).  Which meant that suddenly I had hardly any milk for him-- curse these laws of supply and demand that my body follows!  So I've been working to bring my supply back up by nursing as frequently as possible (and drinking water like crazy).  Because I  really didn't want to have to start buying formula!

So, yeah, "getting dressed" has sort of felt "optional" all week. 

But the good news-- and probably TMI-- is that Colton's diaper was really wet this morning, so I think it's working! 


This Stay In Bed Mom just saved herself a boatload of money! 

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Those are awesome. I'm glad that Arrested Development saved Craig's "bacon" and that you and Colton are doing so much better!

Angela Okada said...

This made me smile! :-)

Juliana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliana said...

I love this!

The other morning, I bumped into a church acquaintance at the store - and I was still in my yoga pants/sweaty gym clothes. I started to apologize, saying that I didn't usually look like this...then the "ding, ding, you are lying!" alarm went off in my head. And I realized, no I really do wear lounge clothes all the time. Except I don't have kids... I don't even have an excuse!