Monday, August 25, 2014

The Official Guess Right Now

I had my second doctor's appointment last week, and because my doctor is fun, she went ahead and did another ultrasound.  We examined that baby very closely.  We looked at the umbilical cord.  We counted toes.  We watched as arms waved around.  We could even see this poor little baby's bum crack (as the doctor so tactfully put it).  What we did not manage to see were any boy parts.

Now, it's still early (that was at 13 weeks), so it's entirely possible that this will turn out to be wrong.  But for the time being, I'm getting pretty excited to be having another little girl!

The fun thing, here, is that I actually like both baby girls AND baby boys.  So it was pretty much a win-win situation no matter what we found out.  Sometimes I think we need some sort of third gender that would be the loser gender so when you found out you weren't having that one, you could be super relieved.  But actually that would totally suck, so I guess the system we have is just fine.

The person who is bouncing off the walls excited about all this is Kendra.  It's about time she got a little sister to keep her company!