Friday, July 31, 2015

Mostly Moved In

I just said that it was helpful having Tracy here.  And it really was!  She was great for holding Camille so we could hang pictures (and doing a little bit of arbitrating, since it's the only thing Craig and I can NEVER agree on) and so I could finally unpack her (Camille's) room.  Tracy also stayed home and watched the four big kids while I took Camille with me and drove to Ikea (which is now two hours away!) to get a table and chairs for our breakfast nook and a couple kallaxes for the family room.  I don't know when I ever could have found the time for that without Tracy's help, so that was wonderful.  And everyone at Ikea was great about helping me with the heavy stuff.  It turns out it's hard to lift things when you've got a baby strapped to your chest!


Here's what our family room and breakfast nook look like with the Ikea stuff!

The panorama tends to make this look bigger (and less square) than the room really is, but you get the idea...  (This might actually be worth clicking on so you can really see everything.)  See both the big and little kallaxes?

I love all the windows and trees!  What a lovely way for the kids to start out the day!
So we're pretty much moved in now.  Yeah, we've got a few boxes left, but nothing we care too much about.  At some point, I'd like to buy a couch for our living room, but if it took us a few years to get around to doing that, I wouldn't care.  I feel like all we've done is spend money these last couple months and I would like to stop doing that now.  And my bank account agrees with that idea, too.

While my parents were here, I took care of two more tasks that I was having a hard time doing with all five kids: I got Bentley and Kendra registered at their new school, and I got myself a library card!  These are VERY IMPORTANT things.  I also learned that the library validates parking, which is helpful since there isn't much street parking nearby.

I'm slowly learning the ropes around here.  And I'm really loving our new home!

1 comment:

Jen Evans said...

That breakfast nook is so bright and lovely! I love the house more with every picture of it I see. And I think you should try to forget more couches for now - we just bought a couch and when it was delivered I missed the extra space we had.