Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Under Contract

We have a ratified contract on the house! 

Did I ever share its listing here?  I don't think I did, so I'm going to fix that right now.  Tadaa!  I was very pleased with how the picture turned out, especially considering that I just about worked my fingers to the bone trying to get it perfectly clean.  I kept finding dirt in places I never would have thought of.  And much thanks also goes to my in-laws who came and put in many hours helping us clean-- my mother-in-law washed all the windows and I immediately regretted all the years I HADN'T been washing them, because looking through them was so much sparkly-cleaner than I could have imagined!  Seriously, my goal now is to actually wash my windows once a year.  Who knew that made such a difference???

I had heard lots of horror stories about people selling their homes without an agent and using terrible pictures.  And, we'd seen our fair share of terrible pictures when we were sorting through all the foreclosures before we bought our house!  I really wanted our home to NOT look like that.  And I thought the pictures turned out beautifully, so that was a relief.  Also, I think moving half our furniture out of the house was a good idea, even if it was a huge hassle.

Anyway, our house was listed on June 3rd, and then we've had open houses every Sunday since, plus the times when someone was coming and I'd have to frantically tidy up every little thing and take out the trash and make ourselves scarce, regardless of who was napping (or who needed one)...  It was such a relief to move out and not have to play that game any more! 

 We finally got one fairly low offer on the 26th, and had slowly been negotiating with that, and then got a better offer on July 3rd, so we just took that one.  (The first offer was from another real estate agent buying the house for his daughter, and he struck us as being a big pain to work with.  I can't even imagine how awful he would have been over the home inspection!)

So, yes, we have a contract.  I've seen lots of contracts fall through, so I'm not celebrating just yet.  But if this all goes down how it ought to, then I will be very happy with how it all went...  For now, though, we have a bit of waiting to do.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hooray! I hope all goes smoothly!