Thursday, October 3, 2013

A New Stage in My Life

I'm officially a soccer mom.  I drive around with my mini-van packed full of children, camping chairs, a stroller, a diaper bag, and a few balls rolling precariously around underfoot.  I try to bring snacks wherever I go (and I pay for it dearly when I forget).  And I feel like I'm always on the go.  It's busy, and it's a pain. 

Before we began, I asked my friend Lenee, who manages to have most of her kids in various sports all the time how she does it.  I liked her answer: You just get through it.  With that in mind, we agreed to take the plunge.  And Bentley loves it.  And Kendra is already talking about how she wants to play soccer next year.  (Actually, upon meeting Bentley's coach and seeing how nice she was, Kendra burst into tears because she wanted to play, too.) 

I have a feeling we'll be doing this for many years to come...

Bentley sporting his new cleats and shin guards before his first practice

Action shot




Bentley throws in a ball while his coach (who we adore) tries to tell him who to throw it to

Happy Colton
And Ryder continues to be weird!

Anyway, we've sure been enjoying perfect weather for it this fall.  And all the kids seem to enjoy tagging along.  I might be able to get on board with this whole soccer thing after all...

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Go Bentley! I'm sorry that Kendra was sad, but now she can be excited for next year. The photos were all so cute-loved the action photos! Good job soccer mom daughter!