Friday, November 9, 2018

Halloween!

I was talking to another mom the other day and she summed it up perfectly: "When did Halloween become more stressful than Thanksgiving???"  Between trying to figure out costumes for all five kids and buying SO MUCH candy and carving pumpkins (and we only did one this year!) and all the parties...  Halloween wears me out.  My kids had fun and we all had a good time, but I'm relieved that it's over.  But without further ado, here are pictures from all the festivities...

First of all....  the carving!  We couldn't figure out a time when we'd all be together to do it, so Craig missed out.  That meant it was up to me to document it for him!
I like that Kendra put on her witch hat for the occasion!

Oh, Ryder...





Ryder wanted to be a zombie, and then that turned into a zombie cub scout.  Craig did an AWESOME job with his makeup, don't you think?  (My personal favorite is that crater in his forehead.)

Quinn very generously brought vampire teeth to share with Camille!

And Theo tried (unsuccessfully) to use them, too!

I didn't take any pictures at our church party, but this is from the neighborhood party the next day!  (We picked up an extra kid, Bentley's friend from our congregation who lives out in the middle of nowhere, and so enjoys getting to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood!)




They didn't do so well with the mummy wrapping contest, but Bentley did go on to win a container full of candy corns when he guessed within three how many were in it!




Notice here: a) Camille is trying not to cry; b) Ryder is staying in Zombie character (he won "scariest") c) Colton is ALSO very much in character; d) Bentley is supposed to be a bank robber, not anti-fa!
There's Camille running ahead!

Craig was busy running the haunted house and doing Ryder's makeup at our church party, which was held Tuesday night.  I didn't really see him the whole evening.  So I figured he could take kids trick-or-treating for the actual night and I could stay home and give out candy (and, of course, read my book in between doorbell rings), so that was great.

We survived another Halloween-- phew!!!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

The most fun of Halloween is getting to see how cute the grandkids are without having to do any of the work! They all looked so cute! Ryder's makeup was amazing!