Sunday, September 3, 2023

Back 2 School

I feel like so many other things have happened in the last few weeks, I can barely keep it all straight.

Kendra got her learner's permit!
That girl barely studied and did great on the test.  I don't know how she does it!

Around the same time, we found out that the schools wouldn't be providing buses to take Ryder to school (which is ridiculous since his school is a good twenty minute drive away) so I decided to start driving my van as a shuttle business.

And that decision has led to the weirdest and most stressful couple weeks of my life!  Ever since a friend posted this on social media for me, I've had a bunch of interviews with various news sources.  It's so strange-- when I was little, I wanted to be famous so badly.  But I certainly never wanted to be famous for driving my big van.  And it turns out, the whole interview rigamarole got old very quickly.

So that's been super weird.  I'll probably write more about this later, but right now it's still kind of raw and with me all the time and a source of great stress and I'd rather blog about other things.  

...Like getting the kids ready to begin school and attending their open houses and all that fun stuff!!!
That "3" is upside down, right?  That's not just me?
The kids were so excited to see the new playground at their school that we had to go play on it the day before school started:
It's huge!!!
And suddenly it was the first day of school!!!
Bentley is a senior (!!!), Kendra is a sophomore, and Ryder is in 7th grade.  ...HOW???
Meanwhile Colton is in 5th grade and Camille is in 3rd.  Even my little kids aren't so little any more!
These guys still get a bus to take them to school!
To celebrate, Adam took me paddle boarding for the first time.  It was harder than it looked!

Wow, this is not a glamour shot...  I did manage to stand up, but I didn't do it for very long.  I did NOT fall off, though!


I'll have to try again before the weather gets cold!

We're also back in the middle of wedding season, so Bentley and I worked this last Friday for Adam at Pippin Hill.  It was a lovely evening and the bride and groom seemed great.  
Bentley took this shot of the bride walking down the aisle for his BeReal; I love those rolling hills in the distance so much and the lighting is so soft and lovely!

Here we are hanging out in the back room taking a little break!
Adam is going to use my shuttle service for wedding guests, so hopefully that will actually pay for the insurance I needed to get; weddings are a lot more lucrative than the middle school set!  But on the flip side-- I need to get my van a lot cleaner for the weddings!

No comments: