Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Kendra is off to College!

The kids had only been in school a couple weeks when it was time to bring Kendra to BYU.  This somehow involved a lot of eating out before we could let her go.  She followed Bentley's tradition by taking each sibling out to dinner individually before she left (I believe Colton got to eat at Cook-Out, Ryder went to Panera, and Camille went to Tip Top Diner!), and we went out with Tom and Donna so they could have a proper goodbye, too.  The plan for that meal had been to get hamburgers from Jack Brown's, but then they just happened to be closed that night, so we went to Torchy's instead.  Then we got Insomnia Cookies and ate them at Tom and Donna's new place!  (Weird fact: due, I guess, to some thunder storms, the traffic light at a HUGE intersection was out.  We had to pass through this intersection three times this evening, and I swear-- each time we drove through it was the fastest I've EVER gotten through that intersection!  What the heck???  What are the odds???  Is humanity better at managing four-way intersections than an automated traffic light???)


I felt bad that Kendra hadn't gotten to eat at Jack Brown's, so I decided I just had to take her there for lunch after work the next day.  (And when we were done eating we ordered an extra burger to take to Craig at work, so he wouldn't feel left out, either!)

Despite the fact that I'd been telling Kendra to pack up her room for WEEKS, the day before she left, it still looked like this:
Oh, dear
But somehow she did, indeed, manage to finish packing AND she kept her suitcases within the weight limit.  Good girl!

We ended the night by playing a few rounds of Dutch Blitz (one of Kendra's favorite games) 

Here we're being sad because she's leaving the next day (Camille and Craig didn't get the memo)

And she gave everyone hugs goodbye the next morning
We dithered the morning away doing several more loads of laundry, getting me packed, and perhaps watching a little TV once everything was done.  Craig came home from work early and drove us to the airport, so that was nice.  He hadn't been able to do that with Bentley.

Our flights went smoothly and my Mom picked us up in Salt Lake and took us to my cousin Jenna's house.  We got in after midnight, so I felt bad keeping Jenna up so late, but she was as wonderful a host as ever!!

No comments: