Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Surprise

Craig was outside with Bentley yesterday and guess what he found in our backyard??? A little nest of baby bunnies! How amazing is that? When I was really little I wanted a pet bunny so badly. I loved bunnies. (Later on whales became my favorite animal, and it turned out that my parents wouldn't let me get a pet orca either. I had a rough childhood. But that story should probably be a different post...)

Anyway, I feel that these are my pets now, even if Craig says we can't keep them. They're so tiny and cute! And their ears are so big and folded back and perfect! I love them. It's all I can do not to run out and check on them every fifteen minutes, but I'm worried I'll just scare their mommy away, so that wouldn't do anyone any good... (Although maybe if he thought they were dying, Craig would let me keep them?)

We took a picture. You can't see them very well, but trust me, they're in there. And speaking of the wildlife in our backyard, we had four deer wandering around all day in the woods behind our house. I've also seen a fox (he better not come near my baby bunnies), and a groundhog, not to mention a ton of birds. I love our backyard and all our wildlife! Manassas is so much fun!

Anyway, happy, happy Easter! If you want a pet bunny, just let me know!

No comments: