Monday, April 20, 2009

Xcite!

That's what our new toilet seat says. "Xcite!" Close to the hinge, on the inside of the lid-- basically, really close to where your derriere goes. Do you know of anyone who thinks/says/mutters that when they're using a toilet? Because I don't.

Other than that, I really like the toilet seat. It's wooden and heavy in a substantial, this-won't-break-underneath-me way, and it's nicely rounded out so it's comfortable to sit on. I'd been meaning to replace the original seat as soon as it was set up and I realized what a cheap, plastic seat it was (and it probably goes without saying, but it was angled all wrong, too). Who would have guessed that I had such strong opinions about toilet seats??? Anyway, "meaning" to replace something and actually getting around to doing it are two very different things in my world. And then convincing Craig that it's worth the money is a whole 'nother ball of salami, so I didn't think it would happen any time soon. But THEN we bought a new toilet for our downstairs bathroom and it didn't come with a seat at all! So I suddenly had a golden opportunity to buy the toilet seat of my dreams. And yes, I'd already picked one out. What a dork!

Anyway, I like our new toilet seat. I think the only reason that the word "Xcite!" bothers me so much is simply because I already was excited! I didn't need orders from my toilet seat!

5 comments:

Patrice said...

There's nothing quite like a good toilet seat! Guess our family appreciates the finer things in life!

Joe said...

Who dreams about toilets? JK :0)

Joe said...

Just kidding. This is really Tracy!

Unknown said...

Bless you, Alanna, for reminding us about the joys of a nice wooden seat.

Liza Jane said...

Wow, you really are opinionated! This post made me laugh. When I was little a friend's house had padded toilet seats - I used to think she was rich and those were expensive seats. Ah, the little joys in life.