Saturday, November 6, 2010

Picture Time (times a billion)

Unless you're a grandparent or doting aunt, you probably haven't noticed the complete lack of pictures on this blog recently. The reason for this is that when we returned from vacation, our camera (which we had not taken with us) was broken. I have no idea how this happened. Fortunately, Craig's iPhone does take pretty good pictures, so we've still been taking some. But unfortunately, Craig has this weird habit of keeping his phone on him all the time, which means I never get any of those pictures off the phone and onto the computer. I finally made him upload all the pictures this morning, and now I just finished downloading all the ones I like onto this one post.

So now you get it, a plethora of pictures. Grandparents: you can thank me later. Everyone else: I'm sorry if I'm boring you to tears here!

So. In the last few months, some of the things we have done include:

Reading at the bookstore,

Visiting the playground at our old apartment complex,

Going to the National Zoo,

Ah, we are so photogenic. This picture just cracks me up.


Kendra is totally oblivious to the huge komodo dragon walking behind her.



The zoo wore Kendra out.

Having my sister visit, with her two boys,
Craig gets better acquainted with his nephew Caleb


And so does Bentley


It was a bit chaotic, but in a happy way!


I practice holding a baby some more

Bentley turning four,
This is the cape I made him. It's really meant to go with his Batman shirt, but I figured there was no good reason he couldn't wear it with his Superman shirt, too. Who cares if the colors are wrong?


Grandma and Grandpa gave him approximately 8,542 presents. He was in heaven.


Kendra did a pretty good job of hovering without being jealous. I was impressed.


Happy boy



Going to Hershey for Caleb's blessing, along with my parents, Caleb's other grandparents, and my sister, Tracy,
Squeezing Caleb's cheeks at the park (he actually liked this, just for the record!)


See??? Proof!!!



This is my nephew Samuel, Caleb's big brother (who somehow was not in the previous batch of pictures).
Isn't he a cutie?



Learning the fine art of T-ball



It sort of looks like I'm pushing my Dad on the swings here, but I'm actually pushing Kendra (who is hiding behind the pole). My Dad was pretty good at getting himself swinging all by himself.


Aunt Tracy is always a big hit. I wish my kids liked ME that much!

Having my parents visit us here,
More presents for Bentley. He's one lucky little boy!


My parents took us to the Cheesecake Factory (yum, yum, yum!) where Kendra got cold. And weird.


Working on Craig's domestic side,
Bentley likes helping Daddy make bread during General Conference weekend


Getting cozy in our warm pajamas as the weather turns cold,
My Aunt Lorraine made this for Bentley when he was born-- and now it finally fits him!


Kendra, wearing Bentley's hand-me-down pajamas, needed her picture taken, too.


Going to the Culpeper Air Show (with Grandma and Grandpa),

Despite the disgruntled look here, Bentley actually had a great time.




Spending a day at Cox Farms (also with Grandma and Grandpa),




This is me looking at the piglets all attacking nursing their mother and being glad I get to have one kid at a time.




Bentley loved all the slides



Petting a calf


Me blinking as I sit on the hayride. They warned that it might be too bouncy for pregnant women, but I braved it anyway.




Right at the end, it did get pretty bouncy. But this turned out to be the reason why. I swear that was NOT my fault.


Bentley got braver and braver about this slide. Eventually he began going down head-first on his back!


Kendra also enjoyed the slides immensely, and got nearly as brave as Bentley.

Spending more time reading,

Goofing off with Daddy (always a favorite pastime),

Carving pumpkins,
Craig whipped this out in less than 20 minutes on my crazy nesting Saturday. Not bad, all things considered!


And of course, trick-or-treating.

Kendra with her friend Afton. Bentley was around somewhere in a costume, too, but we somehow didn't get any pictures of it. But it he wore this costume that his cousin Samuel had worn.


So those are our last few months in pictures! Naturally, we took a whole bunch more today. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get them off Craig's phone before Valentine's Day!

That's all for now, folks!

6 comments:

Patrice said...

This blog should be titled "Grandma Heaven"!!

Juliana said...

Well, I'm not a grandparent or an aunt--but I LOVED seeing all the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

I think reading books at the bookstore, going to the Zoo, seeing Natalie & Tracy & family, dinner at Cheesecake factory and new pajamas all sound fun for anyone. Or at least, I like all of those things too! :)

And you're lucky, when you put up an entire slew of picture on your blog, everyone knows it is because you have adorable kids and family needs to see too. When I put up tons of pictures on my blog, it can just look like "wow, Jeff & Juliana really like taking pictures of themselves, huh?". And we just seem weird.

Emily said...

My Bentley LOVED the pics of Bentley James and Kendra - thanks!

Natalie R. said...

Those are super cute pictures, thanks for sharing!!! I have to say, when I saw the last picture, I thought Afton was Kendra. Then I saw Kendra and my first thought was, gee, that's kind of a girlie costume for Bentley! I realized, of course, right away that it wasn't Bentley. :0)

So next time they go to an air show, can I come, too?!! That looks awesome!! The pumpkin was really cool, and all in all it looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun!!! I'm glad you got so much good use out of the good weather, and it's great to see your adorable kids. Samuel is a lucky boy to have such great cousins!!!

One last thing, I love the picture of Tracy that you linked to at the very beginning. :0)

Natalie R. said...

Oh yeah - I love that you're pushing Dad on the swings!!! Ha ha, absolutely hilarious!

Nicole said...

i like kendra's pigtails at the zoo. so cute.