Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comparison

Tonight for dinner, I made this soup and these rolls. And they both turned out just like they were supposed to!

Six years ago, the idea of making both of these on the same day would have been completely inconceivable to me. If I made Hamburger Helper for dinner I thought I was making a pretty impressive meal. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm still sort of proud of my blossoming cooking skills.

It's funny, though. Six years ago I could write a 5-page paper in my sleep. Now, three short, not-at-all-fleshed-out paragraphs seems like plenty on the topic. My, how things change!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I laugh at what I ate in college and I'm amazed at how little I knew how to cook (and how scared I was to cook anything) when we got married. But at the time, I seemed like I knew what I was doing.

I also find myself feeling this way about sewing projects that I find myself tackling when 7 years ago I couldn't thread a bobbin or anything.

Word Verfication: riderina

Anonymous said...

I think I may have to try that soup! Sounds divine! {I am a total soup lover! Not sure why...} I think I may have to pass on the rolls though. I stink at making anything with yeast in it anyway. I've tried a few times. It's not pretty.

ugkuyg said...

I was just looking at a picture the other day of Dan and I together with the first meal I cooked for us as a married couple. It was pathetic. I was a terrible cook!
By the way, I get the majority of my dinners from those two blogs, yum.

Natalie R. said...

Well, I've progressed to being able to cook alright, but I'm afraid I still don't like it very much. Too bad we don't live closer, and I could pay you to be our chef!! ;0)

Emily said...

I'm SOOOO proud of you, Alanna!