Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fight Like a Girl

Bentley and Kendra played very well this afternoon, mostly pretending to be superheroes. Bentley was Batman and Kendra was Batgirl (the feminist in me is wondering why she isn't "Batwoman," but whatever). At one point they came upstairs to show me their wicked fighting skills. Kendra danced around with a sword, and long after I was done videoing her, she continued her fight, narrating her actions along the way. At one point, as my back was turned, I heard her proclaim, "She's the greatest fighter ever!"

That's my girl, Kendra.

Pull no punches.

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Grrr! I just deleted my own comments! Anyway, loved the video. Loved that the sword is as long as Kendra and that Bentley didn't need the sword-just his feet for giant kicks! I think Bentley won in the costume department-the mouse ears really make the Batman!
Thanks for the video!!! The kids are adorable!

Natalie R. said...

That was an awesome video, they are quite the superheroes!!! I loved Bentley jumping all around, and Kendra is quite impressive with that sword! Between my Harry Potter, and your Batman/woman, we have quite the kids! I can't wait to see what superpowers Ryder, Eliot and Caleb have!

Erin said...

Gareth's preferences right now alternate between Iron Man (no! he hasn't seen the movies, just some animated stuff!) and air/water/earth/fire bending. Personally, I prefer the bending as it requires fewer violent weapons, but still allows him to "fight". And it's such a great show.