Thursday, July 21, 2011

Visitors

Craig's Aunt Lynda and Uncle Greg came up to visit from South Carolina! This meant that we had a perfect chance to do a bunch of the touristy things that we never get around to! It also meant that we ate like complete gluttons the entire time they were here (oops). One of these days I really need to curb that habit. In the meantime, here are some pictures from what we did!

We visited Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson:
The actual house. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I LOVED the interior. I'm familiar with the outside, but I had no idea how lovely and bright all the inner rooms would be. Nice job, Jefferson! I told Craig he could build a house like that for us one day...


Bentley really liked this huge tree


Ryder Smith Slept Here


Starting the tour of the home. I really liked our guide-- he was super knowledgeable and interesting. Next time we'll have to do the extended tour!



Ryder and Craig with the man himself. I have SO much respect for Thomas Jefferson. I'm so grateful for all he did to establish our wonderful country!


Aunt Lynda with Ryder


A couple days later, we hit the Air and Space Museum. Bentley was so excited to see the space shuttle (which, coincidentally was in flight while we were there, with Craig's brother working hard at mission control! It made us sad knowing that it was on its last flight...)

I don't know why Bentley is looking so weird, but still, I kind of love this picture.


With the spy plane that can fly across the country in 64 minutes... Wow...


Ryder looking on in awe...


The gang!

We had a great time with Lynda and Greg-- come back and visit any time!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Monticello is on my list of stuff to do. Every time I plan a trip there, something comes up.