Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nothing New Here

My Mom has been telling me that newborns are nothing more than baby sharks for years now.  She may have even been saying this to me when my youngest sister Rachael was born twenty-some-odd years ago.  So it's not like Colton's ability to put everything into his mouth is strange or unusual or shocking.  If you have ever, once in your life, been around a baby, you've witnessed this phenomenon.

But still. 

When I set Colton down on the bed next to a toy car, and the car gently rolls towards him and he turns his head to see it with his mouth wide open and tongue sticking out, ready to taste this new adventure, I can't help but laugh.  Same thing when I'm trying to snap together this one outfit where the onesie has snaps on the shoulder, and I realize that while I'm busy fiddling with snaps, Colton is eagerly craning his head around, trying to lick my knuckle.

What a nut.  My baby really is just a little shark!

Make that, "A baby shark who is REALLY good at sitting up these days"!

And who is also big enough to ride in the five-point harness shopping carts, rather than sitting in his baby carrier!

No comments: