Saturday, January 25, 2014

A House Divided

During this time where I think the highest temperature we've experienced all week was approximately 10, I've been dismayed at the number of times I've found ways for the cold air to sneak into the house: windows left unlatched, doors to the outside only halfway closed, and the (only) vent to Kendra and Ryder's room completely shut.  Who is doing this???  No one-- not even Craig-- will fess up to any of it.  And it's driving me bonkers.  Here we are blasting the heat day and night for what exactly?

Parenting is about fighting a losing battle on so many fronts: laundry, dishes, and just keeping the house clean at all.  And for the most part, I've made peace with this fact.  But I thought on at least this one thing-- trying to stay warm-- my children and I could all agree to work together?

No comments: