Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Anticip--

--pation.


We have high hopes that I'll be able to pick up an important package tomorrow morning.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it and I'm also super nervous that it will fall through.  Last night I kept dreaming about it all and thinking it was happening this morning and then being disappointed when I would wake up enough to realize I still had one more day to go.  This has been in the works since December, and possibly even earlier than that.  And it's so close now...  So close!

This has involved plotting and buying and planning and building.  Researching and note-taking.  Texting and calling some woman who's name I'm not entirely sure of (I think Janna, but I could be wrong) and who I just figured out does NOT work in Manassas like I thought, but actually works at the same chain store, but in Purcelville (which is an hour away).  We're buying something from her sort of under the table, and it's been complicated, like these sorts of things tend to be.

But as of right now, we have everything we need on our end and we're just waiting to see if Janna (or whatever her name is) can deliver the goods.  I don't think I've ever been involved in something so covert before!  And, actually, I kind of suck at it.  But ooooh, I'm excited!

Fingers crossed!!!!

If all goes according to plan, I'll have pictures to share tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jen Evans said...

I am the worst at checking blogs and yet I come to yours on the one day you have a mystery!? I am dying.

Juliana said...

The suspense! You better update us tomorrow, because I want to know what is going on.

PS, your cliff-hanger post about the dolphin birth couple left me hanging too... Where did those people and their crazy story disappear too?! So cruel of them to opt for privacy after dragging us all into their drama.

Anne said...

So secretive!!!

Natalie R. said...

I seeing this belatedly - in know it was frustrating that the package didn't arrive when it was supposed to, but I'm so glad you finally have it now!!!