Tuesday, September 16, 2014

And Texas Cousins, Too!

We left Kentucky and drove two days to Houston.  Whew!  That is a LONG drive.  And knowing we'd have to do it again in a week didn't make it any easier!

Enjoying the Kentucky "traffic."  Something tells me we're not in Northern Virginia any more!

I also liked this random castle in the middle of Kentucky-- wha?
But we got there without any major problems and were able to see Maya's baptism, so that was exciting!  She looked like a beautiful princess in the dress her mom had made for her and we were excited for Bentley to see a baptism, since he'll be turning eight next week (!!!).

All ready for the big event!
Most of the rest of the time the cousins all played together while the men tiled Jason and Jeni's kitchen and dining room (which will be its own post, mostly a bunch of pictures of the floor).  So here are what the kids got up to, in no particular order, because I'm pulling pictures off both my phone and Craig's:

Jumping before it got too hot


Ryder and Eli playing together, in the only way 3-year-olds can!

Snuggle time.  But man, selfies do bad things to my chin(s)
This is how we eat when Grandma's getting the groceries!

Going to see Rio 2, and enjoying the air conditioning.  I LOVE that Bentley was willing to hold Eli's hand!

Grandpa holding a very worn out Colton at the water park

Choosing cupcakes to celebrate Jason's birthday
Grandma keeps Ryder and Eli entertained


Grandpa takes a break from tiling to play with his grandsons

Playing a little Rock Band

Colton gets into the whole rock band thing...
My sons are all sitting on me!

We hit Five Guys for dinner one night, and Kendra and Maya got their own table-- it made me laugh
The time flew by, and before we knew it, it was time to hit the road again.  We had a lovely time and I sure enjoyed pigging out on all the wonderful food and hanging out with all the grown-ups in the evening once the tiling was done for the day.  But I will admit that I was starting to miss my bed.  (Although much thanks are owed to Kamryn for giving up her bedroom for us-- if I'd had to sleep on an air mattress the entire trip, I might not have enjoyed myself nearly as much!)  Time to face another two days of driving...!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Colton seems to really like those cheese puffs! You make a good "couch" for the boys!

Juliana said...

What a fun week! My MIL buys those cheese puffs too!

I can't believe Bentley is almost 8. Where has that time flown by too?!

Natalie R. said...

So fun!! I'm glad that everything went so well while they were with their TX cousins!!