Friday, September 5, 2014

Epicure

Most of my children didn't get a single tooth until they were eleven months old, so I was really surprised when Colton's first tooth popped out at only four months.  By the time he was one, he had all his teeth except his canines, which have yet to make an appearance.  And because of this mouth full of teeth, I began feeding him table foods a lot earlier than I did with my other kids.  With the others, I was always worried that they'd choke or something.

Laughing over this video with me

And maybe that earlier introduction to real food helped, because Colton eats just about everything we eat and it's awesome.  None of my others kids were like that.  (They still aren't like that, come to think of it...)  He'll happily eat all the stuff that it takes Ryder an hour to work up enough hunger to try.  The only thing he didn't like for a while was macaroni and cheese (say wha..?) but now he's okay with that, too.


So I've been enjoying letting him eat dinner with us like a big boy, and I'm enjoying even more cutting back on the amount of baby food I'm buying.  (I tend to feed my kids baby food for way too long.  I don't know why.)
This might not have been a hard sell...
And then the other day, he found a big chunk of raw onion on the floor and picked it up, intent on putting it in his mouth.  I warned him that it might taste yucky, but that just piqued his curiosity, so I just watched him, all ready to be amused.  But he took a big bite, didn't react at all, and just kept munching away!  On a raw onion!

Ryder was sick, so Colton stayed home from church with him and Daddy.  Daddy dressed him up a bit, though.

So now I'm left wondering if perhaps he just doesn't have any taste buds at all...?

2 comments:

Patrice said...

I can't believe he ate a piece of onion "straight"! He is so adorable!!!!

Natalie R. said...

The look on his face in the last picture is so perfect for your last comment!!! Ha ha ha, what a kid! I can't believe he took a bite out of an onion and wasn't even phased... That is pretty incredible!