Sunday, September 21, 2014

Oops

At the Color Vibe race, the "color" they throw at you is dyed corn starch.  This is good to know, because it does occasionally get into your mouth, so it's helpful if you remember that it is, technically, food.  As opposed to, say, sand or dirt or something.

And I was impressed with how easily it washed out of everything.  My white t-shirt was sparkling white after a quick run through the washing machine.  I was able to clap the worst of the color off my tennis shoes (which are actually older than my marriage).  And the kids and Craig and I all came clean in the tub.

There was only one thing where it didn't wash out, and that was Colton's hair.

Yup, my 18-month-old son has pink hair.  It's not super obvious, unless there's light shining on him.  Then his hair looks something like a sunset.  It's actually quite lovely, if slightly weird.  We've taken to calling him Pinky, which then leads to me singing the theme song for Pinky & the Brain.

It's not weird lighting.  It's actually pink.

Naturally, Colton had his 1.5 year check-up on Monday.  And to make things even better, Kendra had had a fever the day before and had to stay home from school.  So I marched in with three kids, the youngest of which was sporting pink hair and kept managing to fall off things and get hurt.  And then I announced to our pediatrician that I was having another one!  Because, yeah, doesn't that seem like a great idea for me to have more kids?!?!?!

Anyway, if there was ever a time to judge a mother, this looked like one of those times.

Motherhood can be such a humiliating experience.

The only thing that made up for it was when Ryder and Kendra got flu shots and didn't even wince.  That was nice, at least.

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Hilarious! Good thing you make such cute kids, pink hair and all :)

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha ha, I love how you write posts, they just make me laugh. :0) I'm sure that Colton looked very manly sporting his pink hair!!