Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Bainbridge Island!

(Once again, these pictures are ALL out of order.  I'm so sorry!!!)

We left Sunriver on the 4th of July and headed to Seattle.  The drive was so fun for me-- every hour you'd pass another huge mountain.  I love Virginia, but our "mountains" are wussy and really not worthy to be called mountains at all.  These all still had snow on them.  In July!  REAL mountains indeed!  

Mt. Hood peaking out from behind the trees!
We settled in at my parents' house, and I sent Craig out to get some groceries.  The next morning we drove to Poulsbo to get doughnuts from Sluy's.  It's my favorite bakery ever.  And we ate them at Tracy's house and then went hiking around Gazzam Lake, which (other than all the whining) was delightful.


Unfortunately this cute museum is closed.  But the kids still had fun climbing on the octopus sculpture!

As you can see, Bentley was NOT HAPPY about this.  He kept claiming he wouldn't have eaten such a big doughnut if he'd known we were going to make him hike.  What a weirdo.  Eating big doughnuts is WHY I wanted to hike!

Tall trees!!!!


Craig just makes me laugh here!

Tracy and Adam very sweetly hosted the Big Cousins at their house for a couple nights!  It was a nice chance for them to get away from their little siblings and parents for a bit.

Nicole and Camille are bestest friends!

You gotta look closely here, but there are two bald eagles perched in the middle of this tree

Playing at Fay Bainbridge (while Bentley and Kendra took a golf lesson at Wing Point!)

Visiting the miniature donkeys next to Tracy's house!

Another little hike near Port Blakely led to this abandoned creosote mill

And I'd never even heard of the Labyrinth before!  But it was really cool!

Camille practices her meditating

And we all got ourselves new Bay Hay & Feed shirts (mine is a nightshirt which I just threw on over my clothes for this glamor shot!)

Heading to Seattle

Tractor rides with Uncle Adam are always a big hit!

I can't even say how much how I love the look on Claire's face here!

As I was taking a picture of that eagle sitting on the rock there, another flew into the picture!  I missed my calling as a nature photographer...

Ferry in front of Seattle.  There's a speck off to the left above the edge of the trees, which is that same bald eagle that had been sitting.

Colton also got into the meditating...

Bentley is expanding the colors in his wardrobe!


Lovely sunset on the ferry!

What I (apparently) did not take any pictures of included: swimming at Wing Point, having a barbecue at Tracy and Adam's with Kevin and Pam Hogan (!), the longest dinner ever at Isla Bonita, a much nicer dinner at Thatsa Some Italian Ristorante, take-out from Sawatdy, and the golf lessons that Bentley, Kendra, and Craig all took with the Wing Point pro.  We had a lot of fun staying on Bainbridge!  But we were also excited to spend some time at Natalie's house...!

No comments: