Saturday, May 9, 2009

Criticism and Concern

Since getting our piano, Bentley has been very concerned about the men who helped move it in. He wants them all to come back and hang out with us. This led to a very suspicious-sounding conversation, as he recently asked me, "Where's the guys?" Craig gave me one of those eyebrows-raised looks that effectively said, "Busted!" Trying not to appear guilty, I asked Bentley which guys he meant, and he answered, "The Piano Guys." Phew!

Anyway, yesterday during breakfast, we had this conversation again (the joys of being two and having Alzheimer's-- repeated conversations), but this time it took a slightly different turn. It went something like this:

Bentley: Where's the piano guys?
Me: Hmm... I guess they're at work
Bentley: Like Daddy!
Me: That's right, Daddy's at work, too.
Bentley: And Mommy, too!
Me: Yup, I'm working, too. My job is to feed Kendra and keep you guys happy.
Bentley: And keep Daddy happy, too.
Me: Yeah, I guess I keep Daddy happy, too, huh?
Bentley: Sometimes.

Ouch! Apparently I need to do better in the Wife Department of my life. Didn't think it would take my two-year-old to tell me, though!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

It gets better, maybe??? :0)

Anne said...

Seriously Alanna, you and your kids crack me up. We need to meet in the middle sometime and have a playdate. Kansas, maybe? Or Nebraska? Not sure where the middle is.