Sunday, September 4, 2011

Once More About the Diet

Craig and I finished our 6-week diet! I was very pleased with the results, although I still have a ways to go before my weight will be where where I want it to be. In that vein, we're now allowing ourselves to eat other foods, but we're still trying to stick to mostly salads and fruit, and save the not-healthy stuff for special occasions. Really special occasions, like birthdays or anniversaries. Not "Today is a day that ends with a "Y," therefore I need chocolate." Which was what I was doing before, and-- it turns out-- is not a good way to lose weight. Go figure.

Also, I ran my two miles the other day and only needed a few really short breaks to catch my breath (as opposed to walking two-thirds of the time, which is what I started out doing). I'm starting to feel like I'm actually getting fit! And while it's a big pain, it's kind of a nice feeling...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Good for you. My vacation is killing exercise and eating well. And I just bought two huge bags of PB M&Ms to occupy us on the flight home. Then I'll be good. :)

Tracy said...

Congrats!! I am so impressed. You look fantastic by the way. :)

cms87 said...

You do look great! Way to go.