Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Assateague Island (Again!)

We enjoyed our camping trip last year so much, we decided to do it again!  And just like last year, we had a wonderful time.  I'll tell you about it along with the pictures...

Covered in chocolate and stuck in traffic.  Apparently this is how we travel...

Our tents, prime location near the bathrooms, and a horse to boot!  For the first night, Craig and I decided to sleep with the fly off the tent, which meant we could see the Milky Way Galaxy all night long!

Snugglebug Ryder
It totally looks like I'm taking a selfie here, except I don't actually have anything in my hand.  I'm not really sure what I was doing, though...


This is kind of a goofy picture of Bentley, but I really like it anyway
Showing off their sand castle fort moat thing...

The moat doesn't hold Colton for long...

My handsome hubby!
Crawling in the sand

Kendra running in the waves

Snuggle time with mommy
The horses got into our campsite a couple times, even stealing the bread out of our cooler!

Gotta love the crab walk!

Ryder finds an odd place to seek shelter from the waves

My favorite picture from the whole trip.  (Notice that weird s-shape in the sand was created by Colton crawling away)
On the morning of our departure


The day we spent at the beach was sunny and hot, and then the morning we were packing up and leaving was cool and cloudy and looked promising for a good rain storm (a hurricane had been predicted, but never really materialized).  So we timed it just right!  Now we just have to figure out if we can handle doing this with five kids next year!  Yikes!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Looking at all of the pictures made me feel like I just had a day at the beach. So cute and delightful!