Thursday, September 1, 2016

First Day of School

Since I was about nine months late posting last year's first day of school pics, I'm trying to do better this time around.  It was just barely more than a week ago!

I got off to a great start by sleeping in.  (In my defense, Camille broke my alarm clock by pulling out the volume knob.  I thought I'd fixed it, but I'd somehow made it silent.  Which is about as worthless a feature in an alarm clock as you can get, come to think of it...)  But we got everyone out the door on time anyway.  And here, Craig leaves with the kids-- as opposed to Manassas, where he left for work about two hours before we left for school; getting to have him around in the mornings is a real treat for us!  So Craig took pictures while I got Camille dressed so we could all go to the bus stop.  (After that first day, I'll just be letting Craig take the kids while I stay home with the little ones.)

Anyway, here they are:

This pretty much sums up my kids' personalities, right here...

And adding in Colton and Camille

I like this shot
Ryder is so excited for kindergarten!

Bentley is my big 5th grader!

And Kendra is my sweet 3rd grader!

#Iwokeuplikethis  (and apparently we didn't get Colton dressed???)
All lined up and ready to go

All the bus stop parents taking pictures just like us

And he's off!


And finally...  This one was a bit of a surprise to me!
Craig with his fellow assistant principals and the principal, showing off their school spirit for the Albemarle Patriots!

Craig hadn't even told me that he would be dressing up for the first day of school!  This was especially funny because the school administration where he was a teacher placed a huge emphasis on being professional and wore shirts and ties more often than not.  This is a bit of a change!  It was even funnier when Craig found news footage of the principal (2nd from the right) being interviewed about the first day.  I was kind of impressed that he could give a serious interview dressed like that!



The kids came home very happy that afternoon.  And I enjoyed shopping with only two kids while they were gone!  I think we're all in for a fun year.  But maybe especially Craig!

No comments: