Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Tiny Poke at Politics

I've purposely kept my blog apolitical this election season.  While I enjoy discussing politics in person with friends where we can agree to disagree at times, I find it very hard to do so in the same friendly spirit online.  So I usually just don't go there.  (And when I break that rule, I usually regret it immediately.)

And I'm still not going there with this post, either.  I just want to say one (sort of strange) thing: I find myself envying the people who are firmly in Hilary's camp.  Her politics are basically the opposite of mine, so she was never going to have my vote.  But the people who do agree with her politics and are so eager to see her elected have such a wonderful hope for the future.  I wish I could feel that way for anyone on the ballot, too.

5 comments:

)en said...

While it's important for everyone to make an informed decision, as "informed" as one could get, which I srsly question considering the sources (for example my neighbor who is voting for trump because she watches a lot of Christian and evangelical tv and they say he's repented and she believes it too and I just can't even. I cannot.) frankly, I don't do a good job of informing myself. I hate the politics so. BUT, I have a friend, for example, who is one of those totally on board, #imwithher people and who has personal experience with HC. She's (my friend) is hecka-smart, rational, articulate and has gone in depth on the subject in a way I can stomach so honestly, that's kind of what I'm going on. My hashtag is #imwithherwhoswithher. Anyway, back to avoiding the subject in every way... 😀

Alanna said...

Is your friend Valerie??? I think I read her post-- it made me not afraid for Hilary to win, which was nice.

)en said...

Yes! And I agree

Juliana said...

Jeff and I were just talking about this last night (happy/jealous for friends in the Hillary loyalist crowd.)

And I agree - I think "not afraid for Hillary to win" feels like one of the best political feelings I can hope for this election. Haha?

Jen Evans said...

I was an undecided voter this year. But honestly i was in the #nevertrump camp. But not voting with the party line made me do more research with other questions and choices on the ballot. There is a big question about a meal tax in my district and I went against the party line to vote what I believed to be best, rather than what I assumed my party believed to be best. In the face of a really eye rolling election, I consider it a win to ignore the mud slinging and figure out how i really feel.