Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Basil Update

I bought another one.  I'd used up most the leaves on the two I had and they were just looking sad!  And then I was good and DIDN'T get a milkshake at the Moo-Thru and I ALSO didn't stop at Yoder's (I would have, just to buy their amazing blackberry jam, but by then Camille was asleep so I wasn't going to stop the car unnecessarily).  So by the time I got to Wegman's, I was feeling put upon.  So I bought another basil plant.  Craig said there were worse things I could have splurged on.

Then, because I didn't know what to do with the sad, but barely alive plants I still have, I tried to replant the new one and the old one together in the same pot.

The new one is slowly shriveling up and dying, one stalk at a time.

Craig called me a masochist.

The old tough one is still going strong.


I might need more hobbies...

1 comment:

)en said...

So funny and horribly sad at the same time. I feel like a torturer, keeping my basil plant barely alive for some unknown reason. Every time it’s on the brink of death, I give it just enough water to let it live another day, but all for what? I’m hardly eating it. And it faces east so it only gets morning sun so by the night it’s teetering awfully close again. It’s horrible, I’m horrible. But good luck. 👍🏼