Thursday, August 30, 2018

First Day of School

Craig took pictures of the kids on their first day of school-- thank goodness, because I was running around trying to get dressed before we all headed to the bus stop together.  Thanks, Craig!

I love how Ryder and Colton both wore their Cale t-shirts.  And, this was the best smile we got from Camille-- she was CRAZY!  Also of note, Bentley actually puts gel in his hair now, he just hadn't done it yet when Craig took this.  FYI.
After everyone else left, Camille got herself dressed

My first task with only one kid was to get the safety inspection done on my car.  It had expired in July, but I just couldn't figure out how to get it done with five kids, so I'd been putting it off, hoping I could manage to NOT get pulled over.  Success!  And it only took an hour to do (the first place I went to said it would take 3 hours, so that was pretty good)!
Hanging out waiting for our car

The next day, Camille was so excited to see her siblings again that she offered to carry Kendra's backpack for her!

Colton came home from school bouncing off the walls with sheer joy.  He is loving every second of kindergarten.  I was worried that the Spanish immersion program would overwhelm him, but he is just thrilled with it all.  On Saturday he woke up and demanded, "How many more days until I get to go back to school again???"

Life is good!

No comments: