Monday, September 2, 2019

Autumn To Do Lists

You know how you can get in the habit of putting stuff off until some other, more convenient time?

I pretty much did that ALL SUMMER.  My car needs an oil change?  I'll do it in the fall!  Safety inspection due?  Save that for when school starts!  I want to paint the kids' rooms?  Definitely a task for after school is back in session.  Same with mopping the kitchen floor, washing go-gurt splatters off the walls, organizing my linen closet, and any number of other unpleasant tasks.

So school has started!  And I feel SO OVERWHELMED with all the stuff I'm supposed to be getting done now!  And to make matters even more complicated, I'm babysitting more than ever, so I really don't have any extra time just yet.  AND, all these awesome women moved into my ward and I want to hang out with them and get to know them and actually have some friends here in my ward.  So how am I supposed to have time for safety inspections or mopping???

Anyway.  My to do list is a mile long.  This is my last week babysitting, though, so I'm hoping to actually tackle all those projects next week.

Really.

I'm going to do it.

In the meantime, yay for school starting!
Look at those two big middle schoolers at the top of the stairs!

Ryder, Owen, and Colton getting on the bus


I DID manage to get my oil changed.  Even with Theo and Camille.  It took like two hours.  It was so awful.  This is one of the ways Camille tried to entertain herself...


And we did rearrange bedrooms!  Bentley is in a different room now, with bunk beds!  And Colton now has Bentley's old room all to himself so that he can stop waking up his siblings at night (now he's back to just waking up me and Craig...)!

Bentley's new set up.  Soon I'm going to paint this room.  Really!

Colton's new digs!


We did have one afternoon where I wasn't babysitting and Camille and I went to the pool, just the two of us, so that was pretty sweet!


Next week.  I'm going to be on FIRE.

1 comment:

)en said...

Gogurt splatters on the wall- el oh el.
I’ve found that if I do one tiny thing on my list at ALL then I am totally making progress and being super productive. 🏆🙌🏼