Sunday, June 5, 2022

Montalto

Most of the weddings I work are at Pippin Hill, which is great, because that is a lovely and delightful venue AND they feed me a really great steak dinner.  I am always happy to spend an evening at Pippin!  But it is nice to see other locations every so often, so I was excited to sign up to help out at Montalto, which is just higher up on the mountain from Jefferson's Monticello.  And it was a beautiful wedding!  The weather was perfect (which is saying something, because we had something of a mini-hurricane rush through our neighborhood the day before and that was WILD); the bride was lovely (I mean-- she looked lovely, but she also seemed like a genuinely lovely person, too, thanking me for being there to help out and making sure I helped myself to some dessert and everything).  And what made it even more fun was that Bentley got to come along and work, too!  The minute we showed up Adam put him to work detailing, and it looked like he was doing a great job of it.  That's my boy! 

Unfortunately, having company had sort of messed up my work schedule at the law firm, so I ended up working on closing files all day, had a couple hours at home, and then hurried to the wedding as soon as Bentley was home from school.  I worked 11 hours that day!  What was I thinking???  But the wedding ended up being so fun, I didn't really mind.  (I did sleep REALLY WELL that night, though!)


If you really zoom in on this, you can see that the moon is a perfect crescent moon!

Once the guests were seated for dinner, we didn't have nearly as much to do, so after much hemming and hawing, Adam decided to have Stephanee leave (since she had a broken toe) and take Bentley home, too.  Bentley was happy with this, because it meant he'd have time to watch Stranger Things before going to bed.  And I was happy to watch the festivities and then get everything packed into Adam's truck at the end.  (Making Stephanee do that with a broken toe would have been mean.)  Each table had vases of various shapes and sizes with flowers in them, and I learned that the vases had all been made (!!!) by the mother of the bride!  As we were cleaning stuff up, she was giving them away, so I got two lovely vases!  I had actually noticed them earlier because I loved the glazing on them.  So that made my night!  (I am very easily pleased, I guess.) (I'll post pictures of the vases once they are no longer filled with half-wilted flowers.  I have to do them justice!)

Fortunately, this wedding ended around 10pm, so that's not very late as far as weddings go.  And it was so nice outside, watching the sunset and the guests all mingling, listening to some soothing acoustic guitar.  It was like going to Carter Mountain, without the crowds AND getting paid for it!

We have so much fun!

No comments: