Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Summer Visitors

Sorry I've been MIA.  We had a whole bunch of visitors (and all the fun that entails!) and THEN we were traveling!  So I've got a lot of blogging to do!  And since there's no time like the present-- I'll begin with my sister Natalie and her family visiting!  

The Richards were arriving on a Friday, but shortly after they got to the airport, they were informed that their flight had been delayed 4 hours.  So that sucked.  And they got in very late after everyone was asleep (even Craig, despite his best efforts).  But the news was full of stories of all the flights that were canceled that day, so I guess they were lucky to make it at all!

Anyway, we managed to hike Humpback Rock (and brought Adam along so he and Natalie can now be friends), so that was very fun!  There are too many great pictures, I'm sharing way too many here.  But I just can't help myself...

Colton is hilarious...

Such a cool spot!

We managed to get Adam IN a picture-- we don't just bring him along to be our photographer!

Smiths and Richards!

Bentley is also hilarious...!

I really like this picture of Craig and me (and for once the wind wasn't blowing our hair all crazy!)

And now you know where the name Humpback Rock comes from!
We also had the little girls all matching for church:
Claire, Camille, Nicole
And played a lot of games:
Natalie and I got to go see the new Top Gun movie, and Cameron and Craig took the big kids to see Jurassic World.  We got take-out from Mochiko and ice cream from our new Coldstone.  We had a great time together!

Before Natalie and company left, my cousin Anne and her family also arrived!  So for about 24 hours, we had 21 people staying in the house, including 15 children ages 15 and younger!  So it was a little crowded and very crazy but also really fun!
Lorenzo and Claire played so well together!


I had to show the Guzmans the CODE building!

Oh no!  Their van is bigger than mine!

7 pizzas to feed us all!

Me, Anne, and Natalie!

I was so pleased that we managed to get a picture with EVERYONE in it before the Richards had to leave!

Caleb showed Ryder and Colton how to blow up their shirts to look... like bullfrogs?
The Richards headed up to DC and then to Rachael's in Ohio (the Guzmans had just come from Rachael's!).  And we continued with the gluttony and movies by having a double date to see the new Elvis movie (bookended by a disastrous trip to PeiWei and a much more successful trip to Coldstone), which we all thoroughly enjoyed!  We came home to find Lorenzo like this:
I guess his brothers figured this was easier than actually putting him to bed!
Anne stayed up all night doing laundry and packing, and they headed out at 3am and drove all the way home to Dallas in a day.  We left around 9am and drove to Cave City, Kentucky for our first stop on our big summer adventure!

No comments: