Thursday, April 20, 2023

Colton's Birthday!

Sorry I've been MIA around here!  Life has, once again, gotten very busy.  I'll fill you in on all that later.  First-- I would be remiss if I didn't note here that COLTON TURNED 10.  That's right, everyone-- my youngest son is now in double digits!  And we had celebrations galore!

In lieu of a party, he opted to go to Jump! (or "Get Air" depending on which rebranding you're going with) with Camille and Sydney.  (Beth was also invited, but then was sick that day; I felt bad she had to miss out, but also a little relieved that we wouldn't have to worried about her getting hammered by all the kids bigger than her.  And ALL the kids are bigger than Beth.)  They had a great time, but I should have remembered to pack shorts and t-shirts for them to wear-- they were very sweaty by the end of that hour!

I could never get them all in the air at the same time...
Then we stopped by Costco to get pizza and Craig joined us for a few minutes, then home to eat and watch a movie...


Adam made this AMAZING chocolate cheesecake.  We're so spoiled by him!



Our grandparent celebration was the next day, after my choir concert.  We went to dinner at Plaza Azteca.  We'd gone there a few weeks before for Donna's birthday and it was great.  This time around, the food was still really good, but for some reason we kept having to practically beg our waitress to actually bring us any of the food we'd ordered.  Each "course" would take about ten minutes of asking for it.  Seriously-- who gives a table an enormous bowl of guacamole but doesn't bother refilling your (very empty) chip basket?  Or brings out a sizzling plate of fajitas but no tortillas?  It was like torture.  Very slow, food-getting-cold-as-you-keep-trying-to-flag-down-a-server torture.  Ah, well.

Next was presents!  That part was not torture!



We still had SO MANY desserts around the house, you probably could have gotten diabetes just from opening my fridge.  So I told Colton we would just keep eating his cheesecake.  (Does that make me a bad mom?)
And then on his actual birthday he got a few more presents from us and from my sisters!
He was NOT tired of presents yet!

And I did make him an actual cake.
No--wait!!  That's a lie!  I was sick that day, so Craig made him a cake!  Craig did all the day-of birthday stuff that I normally do-- he brought doughnuts to Colton's class and made him a cake AND made him his birthday dinner of choice (Mongolian beef).  I mostly stayed in bed blowing my nose a lot.  Thank goodness for Craig that day!


It was a great birthday weekend.  My kids just keep getting older on me while I don't age at all, it's wild! 😂

Happy Birthday, Colton!!!

No comments: