Tuesday, March 28, 2023

This'n'That

I'm home sick with a cold today, so I guess it's time for some more blogging!  Mostly I just have a bunch of miscellaneous pictures to share... 

Someone gave Craig an orchid for his office, and he got it to bloom again!!!!

As you may recall, I have the opposite of a green thumb, so I am super impressed by this!

A few weeks ago Craig and I spent an entire Friday on a temple trip.  The temple itself was lovely and we enjoyed our time there, but everything else made for a kind of miserable day: the weather was gross, the traffic was even grosser, and poor Craig was suffering from one of the worst canker sores he's had in a long time, meaning he spent the entire day trying to not talk at all (and I spent day reminding myself that no, he wasn't mad at me, he was just in pain).  With the Richmond temple opening very soon, we realized this was probably our last time attending the DC temple for the foreseeable future, a fact that felt bittersweet...  Except we sure won't miss that drive!

But anyway.  Enjoy these artsy pictures Craig took:

Maybe it's the Seattle in me, but I really love this

And here you can see the actual temple, the model temple inside the visitor's center, the statue of the Christus, and Craig-- all in one photo!

On a different note, we were at the high school for parent teacher conferences, and realized that this giant poster advertising the marching band featured a very intimidating Kendra!
See her?  In the top right corner?  She never looks that grumpy in real life!
Craig took a bunch of the youth ice skating in Richmond on a Saturday.  Unfortunately Kendra had Indoor Drumline and Ryder had baseball tryouts, so only Bentley got to go from our family.  But the kids all seemed to have a good time!
They actually skated a bunch, I promise they didn't just sit on the sidelines staring at their phones!

After a few laps Bentley stopped needing to hug the wall-- great progress!
My choir had our Together in Song concert, which is probably my favorite (this is where we have a long morning practice where people from the community can join in and then perform some of the songs with us)-- this time we had around 50 community singers, so that was really fantastic after these Covid years!  (Way back in 2020 this concert was the first real event for me that got canceled-- I certainly never imagined what was in store for us at the time!)
This is just the regular choir.  I'm way off on the left in the back row

And then here we have all the extra singers up on stage, too!  What a gorgeous crowd!

There I am in the middle of everyone!
Adam had tickets to see Reba McEntire right after my concert.  He was supposed to be going with his husband, Allen, but poor Allen finally got Covid and couldn't even come down from Syracuse.  I was Adam's back-up date, but my concert wasn't quite going to end on time and I didn't want to stress him out by possibly making him late.  So finally Kendra got to go with Adam to see Reba and they had a FABULOUS time.  (I'm not jealous, you're jealous!)

Her first concert and she's second row, front and center!  She will NEVER have such great seats again!
They were literally so close that Adam took these on his phone:

Reba looks great.  What a wonderful night for Kendra and Adam!

Meanwhile, this is what happens when I leave my phone lying around:
This kid cracks me up
Also, we finally got snow!  It looked.... like... this...
Pathetic.  We didn't even get a delay.
So much for our brilliant plan to paint the kitchen when we got a snow day.

I went shopping with Sarah and she helped me pick out some lip stains and brown eyeliner!


As part of our "Fialanthropy" efforts, my exercise group made dinner at the local Ronald McDonald house.  It's always fun to see everyone wide awake with their hair down and not sweaty!  (L-R Speedy, Beans, Soprano, Raptor, HPJ, Raven, and Swinger!)



I helped make pineapple upside down cupcakes (and felt like my Father-in-Law really should have been here for his favorite dessert!)

Pretty sunrise walking to the bus stop!
A very sad-looking Colton stayed home sick one day...

Ryder has become our guacamole expert!

Camille might actually be a cat?
The youth combined with another ward and learned some very basic swing dancing moves so that was fun and/or horrifying, depending on how you feel about touching members of the opposite sex! 
Ryder did not want his picture taken!

But he was a very good sport about it all!

Kendra and Joe, looking like they're doing their best to barely touch each other (which is ironic, because we're all pretty certain that Joe has had a crush on Kendra for quite some time now!)

Bentley with some girl from the 1st Ward

Kendra and Ryder!

The family sciences class at Craig's school makes elementary school kids' monsters come to life!  How fun is that???
Last Saturday Craig chaperoned Kendra's indoor drumline competition.  The weather was *horrible and they had to leave the house at 5:20am, but other than that (and other than sitting on a school bus for four hours), Craig had a great time!
Unloading their equipment


That's Kendra ducking down by the keyboard as they get ready for their warm up time
They did an article with a little video segment about Indoor Drumline that you can watch here!  Kendra got a couple sentences in the video, so that was fun for us!

And finally, this little bird peaking in our window made me laugh.  I don't know if they're planning on busting our pet bird out, or just casing the joint, but whatever it is, I'm sure they're up to no good!


*We've actually had a lovely spring for the most part-- I'm not sure why all the stories in this post involve terrible weather!

No comments: