Friday, June 14, 2024

June, the Beginning

June dawned with a sparkly clear morning and as I was getting ready, Craig was trying to put back together the sink in our main floor powder room, and Adam popped by to collect Colton and Camille for the day.  Craig and I were taking the youth up to the *DC temple to do baptisms!  I have to admit, I was not looking forward to making this drive again.  But it went fairly smoothly (only one time where we almost hit the car in front of us and had to veer towards the shoulder just in case!) and it truly was a gorgeous day.  And it was fun to get updates from Adam of all the fun things they were doing.  In fact, I'll just cover those first!

First, he took them to the farmer's market, where they got very nutritious food!  😁
Only the healthiest of foods for my kiddos!

And they got to sit in the hideaway part of IX Park to rest and rehydrate!
Next, Adam had to stop by a rehearsal dinner at Pippin Hill, so Colton and Camille got to hang out by their chickens and eat strawberries while he was busy for a few minutes (they also had an iPad, just in case they got bored).
Pippin Hill is so pretty
And then he took them kayaking!
And they had a picnic out on the water



Colton grabs a nap



And then they stopped by the downtown mall

And then their final stop was the Holbein's, where they got to play with Carter, Emma, and Hazel, and celebrate Hazel's second birthday!  (And isn't Hazel the absolute cutest in her bright yellow boots???)
So, yeah, they had a FABULOUS day with Adam!  I wish I could be that fun on any given Saturday!

Meanwhile, we had a lovely time at the temple (in spite of my recommend being expired!!!  Fortunately the bishop was willing to vouch for me, and I was able to get ahold of our stake president pretty quickly, so I was only delayed by about ten minutes!).
Almost the entire gang (minus one mom who didn't want to be pictured and slipped away!)

The youth were desperate to give each other bunny ears, so...


Just the Young Women
Half the group went to Cafe Rio after that, and I would have loved to go, too, but we had work to do back in Charlottesville, so we headed straight home.  And from the church, once everyone had been picked up, Craig went to Lowe's and I returned home.  I threw some frozen pizzas in the oven for everyone, did laundry and dishes, and started cooking up a storm: peanut butter brownies and spinach artichoke dip!  Craig, as soon as he was home, got back to work on that bathroom sink.  He got the entire bathroom put back together and declared "finished" at 11pm!  😅

Here's the bathroom now:
He didn't just paint it green-- he added this towel rod

and swapped out the faucet so it matches the lighting

Along with this towel rod and the toilet paper holders, and he added crown moulding and we changed the artwork around

So the whole thing looks like this now!
And it's so restful and lovely!  And the sink isn't stupid and splattery any more (I always hated that faucet).  It's just so much better.

And it was all done in time for our open house the next evening.  Phew!!!

The open house was a graduation party for the three seniors in our ward-- Aaron, Jesse, and Bentley.  All of them got accepted to BYU, but Aaron and Jesse are planning on going on their missions first, while I encouraged Bentley to get a year of college under his belt before he leaves on his mission.  We spent the afternoon cleaning the house and making another batch of brownies (this time Nutella brownies!), and then the other parents brought sliders and fruit trays and more desserts, and a lot of other people brought food to share, too, so we ended up with way more than enough to eat.  I think I counted over 50 people in our house, so it was pretty wild.  Craig had made a slideshow of Bentley growing up and we got the other parents to contribute slides of their boys, too, and once Craig added sappy music it was all I could do to not cry my eyes out.

But it was a very fun party, which we took absolutely no pictures of.  But I was glad we did it.  These boys deserve a little celebrating!  I do have this great picture from before the party:
Bentley is clearly just as keyed up about this party as I am!
The next day was Craig's school's field day, and for that he got to do their version of the dunk tank (in reality, they were just dumping a bucket of water on his head, but it's the same basic principle).  Looks like they got him good!
Here it comes...

Money shot!

He's a good sport!
I'm sad I couldn't be there to see it!

The next day, Tuesday, was Bentley's big day...!

No comments: