Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Silver Dollar City

Monday morning we said goodbye to the Aveytuas (😢) and then the rest of us headed to the amusement park in Branson, Silver Dollar City.  It was HOT and humid, but we had a fun time anyway.  No one got lost (a feat I don't think we could have pulled off if we'd had the Aveytuas still with us!) and I don't think anyone got sunburned, so that's about as successful as it gets!

Covered in sunscreen and waiting for the ropes to drop!  Adam is wearing Clayton's Pokemon sunglasses that were accidentally left behind! 😂

Before anyone rode the water rides!  Look how nice they all look!

All ready for the stunt man show (I'm not sure if I'm that sweaty or that covered in sunscreen...  Probably both...)

And enjoying some air conditioning before the circus show begins!

Lunchtime!


The beginning of what turned out to be the worst train ride ever!  (Mostly because the seats were terribly uncomfortable (it's like they said, how can we make a wooden bench awful?) and then they stopped for about ten minutes for some little "oh no, we're being robbed" skit that mostly involved these old, overweight men giving all the kids on the train high fives while we baked in the sun!  WHY.)

Very wet Camille-- I think this is right after the Huckleberry Finn ride where everyone got to shoot water cannons at each other

Everyone (understandably) wanted a picture with the giant axe!

Cora was happy to ride anything that she was tall enough for!


Aunt Natalie bought a whole bunch of giant cookies which were quickly devoured


Trying to dry off after the river rafting ride!


This whole train is filled with my family!


They got so wet on this ride!


My gun didn't actually work, so I put it down and just enjoyed the ride.  Colton looks tough, though!

Speaking of tough...

Natalie took pictures of all of us on the log ride so she wouldn't have to ride and get wet herself!

Waiting in line together, we found some shade!



Here's the Huckleberry Finn ride!


Seriously, the guns were such a big hit!  Who knew we were so violent???


Gotta appreciate the kids photobombing us in the back!  

We got pretty wet from the log ride,  too!
It was a fun day, but I wasn't too sad when the park closed and we could head to Chick-fil-A to get some dinner.  Washing my hands in the bathroom there felt so good.  And showering once we were home felt even better!

No comments: