After Saturday, people began slowly peeling away as they needed to return home. We ended up splitting between two wards, which may have been for the best-- we don't want to overwhelm the good members of Branson! (Although they seem to see a lot of reunions so they took all us extras in stride!)
 |
| These kids clean up pretty good! |
.heic) |
| Rachael has perfected the art of dressing her family in matching outfits for church |
 |
| Nicole had braided Camille's hair |
.HEIC) |
| I loved how Ryder put up with Nolan resting his head on his shoulder! |
 |
| And then Colton also got a turn! |
After church, a bunch of the Las Vegas Hansens came to hang out at our house and Uncle Bruce began showing us all these 8mm films that my Grandpa had taken and Bruce had digitized. It was so cool!!! One of the clips featured my Grandma, holding my Mom as a baby, walking down the street with her own mother and grandmother--
my great great grandmother captured on film!!!!  |
| There they are!!! |
There was a ton of other stuff, too: my mom and her brothers splashing in a little kiddie pool in my grandparents' backyard. A lot of footage from a trip my grandparents had taken with 6 other couples where they all rented an RV and drove to the Worlds Fair in Washington DC. (
Fourteen people traveling for weeks together in a single RV!!! I... don't even have that many friends. And I'm pretty sure if I spent that much time with them, by the end I'd have significantly
less friends. I can't even imagine!). There was footage of my cousins and younger sisters having an Easter egg hunt and then showing off yoyo tricks. I assume I was in college at that point? I'm not sure. At one point the kids were playing their various instruments for my Grandma and she was so locked in on them, just like the wonderful grandmother she was! It was so cute to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment