Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black-Eyed Smiths

We are looking very beat up these days. On Thanksgiving, Bentley managed to run into the corner of the table and now he has a big bruise just below his eye. Then on Friday, Craig was breaking sticks for our fire (I LOVE OUR FIREPLACE), and one of them snapped up and scratched him right under his eye. And then this afternoon I was supposed to be watching Kendra on the bed but she managed to fall off it anyway (I did dive across the bed trying to catch her, but to no avail) and somehow she scraped herself right under her eye! I considered asking Craig to punch me so I’d fit in, but I figure I’m klutzy enough that I probably don’t need the help. As if this all weren’t pathetic enough, I was hoping to take a family picture this week to send out for our Christmas cards! I guess we’ll have to wait a bit on that one, or else I’m sure we’ll have some social worker knocking on our door… (If they haven’t already spotted my blog. Maybe they’re on their way now!)

4 comments:

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

Alanna, I was so excited when I sawy your invite on good reads! I was recently thinking about you guys, wishing we were still in touch, so your invite was a GREAT surprise! I'm having a great time going through your blog - so much to catch up on. Your kids are both adorable, and wow, I'm impressed with the set that Craig is helping to build:) If you're interested, Nick and I have a blog too (nickandlynnie.blogspot.com). Disclaimer - It isn't nearly as exciting as yours, and we don't have kids yet, so you'll only get pictures of us.

Laresa said...

You should get this for your fire:
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/12/mystical_fire_powder_turns_you.php

Bobo said...

Aw the joys of family. It sounds like one adventure after another. At least you can all share in this. :) So funny how that works. Love you guys!

Natalie R. said...

Are you kidding?? This is the perfect time to get your Christmas card picture!! That would be the coolest family picture you would ever get. :0)