Thursday, February 5, 2009

Confession

I can hardly ever crack an egg open without getting some shell in the mix. Fortunately I’m well aware of this fact, so I always break the eggs into a separate bowl first, or else start out with them so it’s easy to dig the shell back out again. Then I go through this complicated process as I swish the yolk and whites back and forth looking for any other pieces of shell that may have escaped my notice. (Isn’t that just the worst feeling, when you’re eating something really good, like egg salad, and suddenly you feel that sickening crunch between your teeth? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, I HATE that!)

Anyway, isn’t that just pathetic? It really shouldn’t be that hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a tip on a show on the Food Network. The shell is heavier than the whites and the yolk...so if you let it sit for a minute the shells will sink to the bottom. Then pour the eggs out slowly and the shells should stay in the bowl.