Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wiki-Fi

Sounds like some new exciting thing, doesn’t it? Some sort of widget that involves wi-fi, wikis, (maybe wikipedia,) a wii and perhaps something else that is wicked cool and all of which is apparently on-line.

Well, it’s not. It’s something Bentley said the other week as we were watching squirrels way up high in the trees. He pointed at the squirrels and said, “Wiki-fi.” Now I know that that’s not his word for “squirrel,” (which sounds something like “serl”) so I have to admit that I was bewildered. It wasn’t until much later in the day when the movie Peter Pan came up in our conversation that I realized that “wiki-fi” was “We can fly!” Suddenly it made all kinds of sense. As far as Bentley was concerned, those squirrels could fly.

He also recently stuck one of the smaller vacuum attachments on his hand and said he was Captain Hook. To be perfectly honest, that one worried me a lot less than the time he started imitating Tinkerbell when she’s measuring how big her hips are. But mostly I find it all pretty amusing. I hope J.M. Barrie and Walt Disney are paying attention and are proud of their influence!

We can fly! We can fly! We can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

2 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Ha ha ha, that is HIGH-larious!!! What a cute little kid you have!

BTW, happy birthday to Kendra a couple of days late!!!!

Anne said...

Laughed out loud on that post...and yes, I'm catching up on your blog...hence the 12 million comments.