Thursday, February 5, 2009

Finally

Craig is painting the ceiling! This very second, as I am typing, he is rolling paint across what used to be our hideously pink living room ceiling! O joy, o rapture!

He actually started painting last week, I think on Friday. He went around with a brush painting the edges right up to the crown moulding, and finished that Monday. (He would have been done way sooner but we had a lot going on on Saturday and couldn’t quite justify painting on the Sabbath… Somehow the Superbowl was totally okay, though…!) Now that the edging is done, the rolling part goes pretty quickly. In fact, he’s done nearly the entire room in an hour, so that gives you a pretty good idea. I’m refraining from watching the entire time because I want to walk in and be surprised when it’s done and I can get the full effect all at once. But the little bit I’ve seen has been spectacular. Who would have thought such a dumb thing could make such a huge difference?


Update: He's finished now, I finally got to see it, and it looks beautiful. Compared to pink, a soft white is just so restful! Who would have guessed how irritating pink is???

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

I really hate dealing with eggs and usually make Cameron make them when possible.