Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A New Blog

Today I'm making this for dinner.  It's one of those recipes that is kind of a pain-- you have to make corn bread, and then salad dressing (although I use a different salad dressing, just so you know), and then chop and grate stuff up, and THEN put it all together.  Unfortunately, it's so dang good that I feel it's worth all that effort.  And I feel it's pretty healthy, too, so that's a nice bonus.

Anyway.  I was searching for the salad dressing recipe I like to use for this.  And that was a pain.  And it occurred to me that I needed one spot to start saving all my recipes.  In the past, I've tried to do this with Word documents, but then you have to scroll all down to find the right recipe, and that's still sort of inconvenient. 

So I decided to start a blog. 

Yup, I just did what millions of other Mormon women have done, and I started a recipe blog. 

Don't hate me.

I'm going to explain right now that the purpose of this blog is to be a sort of recipe index for me.  So I won't be posting pictures, or even going into great detail about how to make any of the recipes found there (although I will answer questions, if you ask).  It's just got the bare facts so I can find them all in one spot. 

And yes, it will take me a while to get them all posted there, and I hope to be continually adding to it, although the new recipes will all be ones I've taken from other (actual food people's) blogs.  No original material on my blog, thank you very much.  I'm posting the link when there is one, so hopefully I'm not breaking any copyright laws or anything.

So if you're bored or looking for some dinner ideas, feel free to check it out.  The healthier recipes will be coming later, if that's what you're interested in, I promise.

alannachansrecipes.blogspot.com

Happy eating!

4 comments:

)en said...

Awesome! Though, are you SURE you don't want to take a pic of each and every step of the process? Because I'm not sure what a teaspoon of cinnamon looks like!! :P :)

Natalie R. said...

I'm excited for your blog! I might make you put some of my recipes up so mine can all be in one spot, too. ;0)

Tracy said...

Good luck on your blog!

Nancy said...

I realized the other day I rely on Pinterest too much to save my favorite recipes for me and I should actually be printing them out.